Katelyn has a great teacher this year. Mrs. Banks seems very nice. She even has one of her really good friends in her class again this year. Her and Braelyn love playing together. She is now in second grade.
Henry is soooo excited to go to Katelyns big school now. He also has one little neighbor friend in his class, and his Kindergarten teacher seems very nice.He is such a big boy, in fact he is so big that he got on the school bus all by himself the othere day. Thats right, last week I went to pick him up from school and he was nowhere to be found. I had no idea where he could be. The teacher said they would look for him around the school. So I drove the neighborhood and couldn't find him. Then I went back to the school to see if they had found him and all the teachers were eating lunch. Great, I was very happy at the moment. My mind started to wander and think of all the bad things that could happen to my child. I was a wreck.
The school called the police to report it. People were running all over the school checking everywhere. Then the thought came to my mind that he may have taken the bus with his new friend from class whom I had just met his mom. The secretary called the bus drivers and they said he wasn't on the bus. This is when I called Jason and he was in the car home in no time.
So the school called his friends house and her son hadn't gotten off the bus yet so she was going to watch for him. Henry didn't get off on Haydens stop so she got on the bus and found him sitting there. He had thought that the bus would bring him to his house, little did he know.
We were so relieved to find him, so The Police, Jason, and I all met at their house. Henry was very scared to see the Police, but it was a very good teaching lesson for him. What a great reunion. Yes, Henry ended up being grounded for a while.
I am so greatful to those who dropped everything to help me. It means so much to me and I'm so greatful for the wonderful neighbors and friends that I have. I love you guys.
I Love my kids, but this is just a Huge reminder of how much I really do Love them and need to protect and warn them of things. 'You Live to close to the school, so the Bus will not bring you home!'


2 comments:
I can't believe the police story with Henry, you must have been so scared! Glad it was only a scare. Can't believe you guys have 3 kids in school. Oh and Lorraine emailed us your family photo link, they are so cute!!! Love all the outfits too.
Oh, I'm so sorry you got such a scare with Henry. Wish I had been there to help, but I'm relieved he was okay. Kids are so good at doing these things to us :]. I can't believe Morgan is in preschool already! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment