Thursday, May 19, 2011

Jasons Half Marathon!

My husband has been insane lately! He has been going to the gym and running like crazy! Once he gets his mind set on something, no one can stop him! He signed up to do the Ragnar race with some other guys in the area and then decided that he wanted to start with a Half first. He ran a couple of miles with me before I got pregnant and decided it wasn't for him, but somehow he found his rythym and is enjoying the results. He has now lost over 40lbs since last June and is continuing to drop them.

The other day someone at work told him that he needed to get some new clothes because his were way too big for him now. He is always hiking his pants up and won't let me buy him any clothes because he plans on losing more weight. So if you see his pants start to fall down then you'll have to give him a hard time =) Jason on his last stretch to the finish line! He probably chose one of the worst Half Marathons in Utah to do. It was quite hilly and pretty chilly(with a little snow on the ground at the start). He did really well and completed his first big race, congrats! I brought all the kids to cheer their daddy on, we happened to get their just in time to see Nate finish and then waited for both Brianne and Jason.
My cousin Nicole, Jason, Nate(Brother in law) and sister Brianne(Nates wife) all ran the race!



They had a kids fun run(1 MILE) so I did it with Katelyn and Henry. Henry and I got left near the beginning. Katelyn went on with her cousins. As Henry and I were running he said 'I'm just too slow,' it was so cute. He was trying so hard, so I told him that we could walk and he liked that. We walked through the petting zoo and he checked out all the animals, then we ran again.

Since this 1 Mile run, I've decided that I need to get back into shape and I've tried to run at least 3 miles, 3 X a week. It has been so hard because I've been getting up in the middle of the night with the baby and am so tired all the time.

Henry and I finishing our 1 Mile Run! Yeah Henry!
The kids got shirts and a cute medal that says 'This little Piggy went to Market!'





Katelyn, Cassie, Henry and Dylan!



The best Cheerleaders ever! Morgan and I!


1 comment:

Diana said...

Way to go Hull Family!