Thursday, February 11, 2010

What an evening!

We had quite the crazy evening last night. Everything was going just great, I had the kids playing outside with the neighbors, riding bikes, and getting some energy out of their system. I was helping one of the neighbor kids put on some rollerskates when Katelyn came running over to me yelling 'Morgan fell and is bleeding.' So I go run over and pick Morgan up off the ground(cement) to find her face covered in blood. I had no idea what had happened at first but come to find out, she had been standing up in the stroller the kids were pushing her around in and she tipped backwards and faceplanted into the street. I think that her nose took the brunt of the fall because she was constantly bleeding from both nostrils all evening. It was quite a crazy moment for me because I was watching about 8 kids with no other adults in site. Poor little girl was just miserable, and to top it off she is already trying to fight off the bronchitis that she has.
This picture was taken this morning and she had dried blood and scraps all over her nose that she wouldn't let me touch. She is back to her fun and happy little self so that is a relief. Thank goodness we have an ER Doctor in the family to call and get diagnosis's from, we really thought that she may have broken her nose, but I think that it is just banged up pretty good. So to top it all off, this wasn't the end to our wonderful evening. Just after dinner Henry was going through one of Katelyns purses and started playing with some perfume. I don't know what he was trying to do but he started screaming and come to find out, he had sprayed the perfume in both of his eyes. Not one, but two eyes. Luckily Jason and his parents were home this time and helped hold him down so we could try and wash his eyes out. He didn't like it at all, so we put him in the shower with two very red eyes. Could anything else happen?
We told Katelyn she had better just go to bed before something happens to her too! I do blame this on their dad, because Jason has had stitches 23 times in his life so my kids injuries are because of him! Jks!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh! Poor little Morgan! That's too sad! And Henry, that makes my eyes burn just thinking about it!

Lorraine said...

Poor baby. She looks klike she got the worst of it. She' a trooper though, she's smiling in the picture. Were there any side effects from Henry spraying his eyes? Hope all is well.