Saturday, December 5, 2009

Provo Halloween 1/2 Marathon!

I know that I am really slow at posting, but hey, it's getting done now, so that is all that counts!
Well you read it right, another 1/2 Marathon. My sister Brianne finally got the urge to want to train for one of these and she told me that I had to do it with her. I found this Provo one that seemed a bit easier because it had quite a bit of down hill(ouch though). It had been getting colder out which made it not so fun to wake up early and run, but being the good sister that I am, I said that I would do it with her. I needed to have someone to run with so that I would get out of bed in the mornings, so I got my friend Melissa to run it as well(she had done the last two races with me as well).
We stayed at my brother Jesses house the night before and got up early to head to the start line, which was about 24 degrees. I was literaly shaking because I was sooo cold. This was probably the best race so far because of the terrain, but that made it also the worst to recover from. The downhill kills your quads after, and for at least 3-4 days I could hardly go up/down stairs, let alone walk. It was bad.
As we were running we would see spider man/brides/ladybugs/ etc, it was great to see runners dressed up, next time we will be creative and do something fun!
Brianne told me that she wouldn't have been able to do the race if it hadn't been for me pushing her, although I didn't feel like I was at all, but for once it felt good to be the pusher, because I always needed my friends to push me along. So if you ever want to do a race, then find a friend and you can help one another, because it makes it so much more fun and enjoyable. It was a great experience to run with my sister and to cross that finish line hand in hand(I grabbed her hand and said we are finishing this thing together). It was a lot of fun! If anyone wants to do one in the spring and will be in Utah then lets do it!!!
Nate and Brianne Whittaker, myself, and Melissa Webster!


3 comments:

Andy said...

Um,so you are pretty much amazing. I just don't get the running thing. Wish I did, though. Good for you!

Tanya said...

Awesome!! Congrats on such a wonderful goal. It makes me tired just reading about it.

Lorraine said...

Hey we are so proud of you. When you first started running I was a bit surprised. Even tho I knew you were athletic,I didn't realize you would stick with it. You are an amazing girl.