Monday, August 31, 2009

Top of Utah 1/2 Marathon!

Yes, that is right! I did another half marathon, that is two in less than a month and it will definetly be a while before I do another one. My body is telling me to take a break! It was a great day for a race and I had a good time, but enough is enough for a bit. Here is my little cheerleader that comes with me everywhere. She came up to Logan with me for a girls weekend and to hang out with her cousins, she was in heaven!
What a team! These friends are awesome and great motivators, I couldn't have done it without them and their help and support! They got me out of bed at 6am or earlier to train for this race! It was worth it though!
It was so nice to have someone waiting and cheering for me at the finish line(background). Nate and Brianne got their kids and Katelyn out of bed and drove across town to come cheer me on. You guys are awesome. As soon as I saw Brianne we both started crying, it was nice to have someone know and appreciate the hard work and effort that this took. She could tell that I was very very tired. Nate had run a full Marathon a couple years back, so he definetly can relate.
Well the next goal is to do a 5K or a 10K with my sisters, so you better start training!

3 comments:

Triple A said...

You are awesome. I have to admit I already miss our early mornings. Way to finish strong.

Heidi said...

Double congratulations for finishing! What an acomplishment!

Lorraine said...

We are so proud of you. Once you set your mind to something you really go for it. I was a bit worried when you ran at the cabin and glad to see you all in one piece when you returned. thanks for the great visits this summer. Love Ya