Sunday, August 9, 2009

1st Half Marathon!

Yes, you did read it right, I actually finished my 1st half marathon! I couldn't believe it, we had been training for the last 3 to 4 months and it finally paid off. I'm so proud that I actually stuck with it.
Yesterday we ran the 'Provo River Trail Half Marathon,' and it was such a beautiful run and the best weather possible, even though we couldn't feel our toes for the first 3 miles, we couldn't have asked for better weather!
Jason was a great photographer for the day, I think that he knew he would get in trouble otherwise, he he! I'm the one in the pink(middle) trying to pass the people in front of me. We just passed our families and had just a short distance to the finish line, a couple friends that I ran with are right there as well(Kristina and Melissa) and my father in law and Morgans little red head in the corner. It's funny because we were looking for our familes and seriously the first person that I saw was Morgan because her red hair stuck out so much. Now I really know what people mean when they tell me that.

Here is my little cheering squad, it was so neat to see them and how excited they were for me! Maybe they were just excited to be done waiting so long. Jason was so cute and bought all of these t-shirts for the family and wrote the cutest little sayings on all of them. Morgans says 'Run Mommy Run,' it was hilarious. It was so nice to see how proud of me they were. What a great husband!
Here is the team! These guys are the best, I definetly couldn't have done this without them. We all started training from the beginning and stuck with it till the end. It was such a great feeling to know that we could actually do it. I had never really ran before (besides playing sports) so this was a huge deal for me. I'm excited to run some more, we aren't finished yet!

What a nice view, eh?

My cousin Nichole signed up and wanted to run with us, she was awesome and killed us!









7 comments:

Tanya said...

Well done! I'm so proud of you!

emilyaaa said...

that is AMAZING!!! i can't believe you did that!! you rock, lady! I ran 3 miles and thought i just might die. DIE i tell you!! I am so impressed that you worked at that for so many months! People say that races like that are addicting...so i'm predicting that you run a marathon some day--am i right? :) you look awesome, by the way. and i love the shirts!

Jamie said...

Great job! I am so proud of you guys! All of your hard work paid off!

Triple A said...

You are awesome. Who are those cool people that you ran with??? So are we doing another one??

Shawni said...

Way to go Candace! That is so awesome...I hope I can do as well when I run mine.

jakenapril said...

amazing! and i love the "go candace!" t-shirts. nice touch. maybe one day i will be as good as you!

Anonymous said...

good job candace!! ive wanted to run one too. maybe after ive had this baby...
how long did it take to run?
and by the way you look really great!
shannon evans (gibb)