Saturday, April 9, 2011

Powder Mountain!

What a spring break, or should I say 'Winter Break?' We have had so much snow this year, I'm beginning to think that I still live in Canada, although it hasn't been as cold as it gets up North, that's for sure. We got a great price on a time share for the week up at Powder Mountain, where neither one of us had gone before so Jason took Monday off and we went up for a few days. It was so much fun to get away and hang out. Although the packing part is not so much fun. We had both cars packed with food and belongings. Its amazing at how much one family needs for a few days. The kids had so much fun swimming, playing in the snow(Jason built the best snow fort for the kids - pic above - where they even ate lunch), skiing and just having fun. We had some friends come up for a night, so the kids loved being able to play with their friends. We ate sooo much food and watched General Conference. Katelyn and I even got to go skiing, which I hadn't done in over 8 years. It was easier than I thought it would be(sorry no big stunts for me though, I'm a mother now =) This was Katelyns 3rd time and she did really good. We had a good time, just us girls. The place wasn't huge, but it worked out alright. Morgan got to sleep in her very own closet and loved it. Haven slept in a chair against the wall. It was our 'tiny house' as Morgan called it. We came down off the Mt one afternoon and found a park for the kids to play on. I took the kids to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden on the way home and they had so much fun!

No comments: