My dear sweet Grandma passed away on October 17, 2009 in American Fork, UT.
She was the best woman ever, and would give the shirt off her back for anyone. She was the best wife to my Grandpa, the best mother to my father, and the best Grandma to her grandkids. She was everyones best friend!
In a previous post I explained that my Grandma has had lung cancer for the past two years! She has been off and on with her treatments and so we have been able to spend a lot of time with her and go down to Utah Co. to visit. I was able to grow up in the same little town in Canada with her and it was so wonderful to have all my grandparents live so close and be able to spend so much time with them, yes I felt spoiled. It was very hard to see my Grandma get so sick near the end. We all loved her so much and were just praying to let her go because she didn't deserve to be in pain. It was so amazing to spend some time with all my family(Grandpa, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, etc.) before and after the funeral. What a wonderful bonding experience. I'm so glad to have been able to say goodbye to her before she passed away(or rather, see ya later). I have never felt the spirit so strong as when she was lying there in her last few minutes. What a wonderful feeling! We will miss her tons!
They had the funeral for Grandma in Utah Co. because all our family was able to make it down here and she is from Payson, UT so her siblings were all down here. But they did the burial and another little service up in Canada and I really felt like I needed to be there so Jason wanted to stay home with Henry and Morgan(didn't sound like fun hauling them 12hrs in a car and then back 12hrs a couple days later) for the weekend and he let Katelyn and I go up with my brother and his wife. Katelyn was soooo excited to go up to Canada for a girls trip. She got to see Grandpas cows and ride on the 4-wheelers, hot tubing, and stay up really late. She had a lot of fun.





1 comment:
We were glad to get to spend some time with you girls. I really learned a lot about your grandma at the funeral. she was always so friendly to me. It is sad to lose a loved one but we are glad we know we will see them again and that they are with family in heaven. Thanks again for including us in your visit.
Post a Comment