Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma Folsom!

For the past two years my wonderful Grandma has been battling lung cancer! She has been so brave throughout this whole thing, but poor thing has gone down hill these past few weeks. She had a ton of fluid on her lungs so they drained it and it was not easy for her to get through, so they had to put her on oxygen and she is currently at her home in Utah County with the nurses checking on her daily. We were able to have her 77th birthday party on Sept. 19(actual birthday was Sept. 25) with her feeling a little bit better. It was so great to see her and reminise. She is such a wonderful lady whom I will always look up to. I was able to live very close to her while growing up and enjoyed spending tons of time with her.
For her birthday all the family wrote their memories down and we put them in a little book for her to read, she really appreciated it. Here is what I wrote:
Memories of Grandma Folsom!
I've been so lucky to have been able to grow up and live so close to my Grandparents. Grandma you have taught me so much! I absolutely love projects/crafts and I'm a firm believer that this is because of you and because you've been so patient and loving in the way that you have taken the time to teach me so much. I remember going to your house and helping you with your braided rugs, making pies, sewing projects, etc. You were always so much fun to visit and work with, because we would never go home hungry and you would always take the time to play games with us until we were worn out. You taught me to always keep busy and to love what I was working on. I was so greatful to have you and Grandpa come and visit us when we lived in Boston. What a wonderful one on one time we had together. It was fun showing you the city and the sites around. It was also so nice to be able to go to the temple with you. What a wonderful thing to know that no matter what happens, we will always have each other for eternity. One of my favorite trips to this day, was going down to California for your 50th Wedding Anniversary. It was so nice to be able to spend time with you guys. Thank you for your example with being such a faithful member of the church, and wife to your husband. It means a lot to see what a great marriage is all about, and to have that great example to look forward to. My kids have loved the time that they have had to visit you as well, they remember going down to your place and going swimming, also going to the petting zoo and out to lunch. It has been wonderful to see them interact and get to know their great grandparents, because you really are GREAT! My husband absolutely loves you as well, he mostly enjoys teasing with you and doesn't mean it seriously, so remember it's all out of love! Grandma, to this day I love to learn new projects and am eternally greatful for every moment that I have had to spend with you. You are amazing and such a great influence in my life, and I look forward to having my little family and myself make many more new memories with you!
I Love you with all my heart,
Candace
My Grandpa has been so good to take care of my Grandma, all her life she has done so much for everyone else so now he is repaying her. What a wonderful example of sacrifice! He has always been so cute to watch as he playing with all the kids!

My sister Tanya and I at Grandmas birthday party, she wasn't feeling too well near the end of the party!

Morgan was too cute as she jumped with the other kids on the trampoline!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

It is so sad to see your Grandma get old and ill. She is such a fun person and I'm glad I got to see her at Morgan's blessing. We had a great chat.